HBA Job Board
Here on the Job Board you will see Available Projects, Help Wanted and Help Available. We hope you find the webpage to be a valuable resource.
If you would like to make a posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Available Projects: Provide a description of the the project and how inquiries should be made.
Help Wanted: Provide a description of the job title, job duties, full or part time and who to contact.
Help Available: Builders? Do you have some downtime in your schedule and need to keep your crew working? Post details.
We will make every attempt to remove the listing 30 days after posting or when we are informed that the posting has been filled. • For applicants: please use the contact information provided in the listing. Do not contact the HBA of the Grand Traverse Area office as we have no further information than what is posted here. Our Job Board is a free service for Home Builders Association of the Grand Traverse Area members.
Home Repair Site Supervisor
Reports to: Project Manager
Position Summary: The Home Repair Site Supervisor (HRSS) is a leader of the construction team who works with the Project Manager and the Homeowner Service Manager to manage the Priority Home Repairs (PHR). HRSS is responsible for addressing the most fundamental and crucial home repair needs in veteran and low-income owner-occupied households. Using a general evaluation of occupant well-being and a full assessment of the house and systems, needs are identified and prioritized so that they may be addressed in an order of importance and urgency.
Qualifications: Current builder’s license in the state of Michigan preferred. Current driver’s license. Two years of working knowledge and experience of basic home repair including painting, roofing, drywall and carpentry projects. Familiar with local building codes. Grant Writing experience preferred. Basic Computer skills. Ability to perform all construction duties, such as lifting up to 80 lbs.; climbing extension ladders and scaffolding; working in unconditioned workspaces in the heat of summer and cold of winter. Requirements/Skills: Must be goal-driven, results-oriented and committed to the organization’s effort to increase its PHR capacity. Must have an understanding of the mission, history, values and goals of our Christian organization and be able to communicate this information to diverse groups of potential donors and volunteers. Must demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to work effectively as a team member with staff and volunteers is essential.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate as a primary carpenter for all occupied residential repair projects interior and exterior.
- Evaluates, select and schedule repair projects. Conduct site visits on potential applicants. Prioritize energy efficiency, durability and client health and safety.
- Develop a scope of work budget for approval with the Project Manager. Coordinate with Project Manager to schedule and fulfill assigned project work orders; communicate regularly regarding changes to work orders, schedules and budgets.
- Supervise project preparation, including purchase of materials and gathering of tools and equipment. Obtain necessary bids to complete the home repair projects.
- Work with HERS rater and licensed contractors. Ensure that contractors provide affiliate with certificate of insurance, W9s and other required documentations.
- Communicate with homeowners to set expectations regarding workday schedules and potential disruptions and safety hazards.
- Adhere to OSHA, EPA and other regulated standards and practices.
- Perform approved PHR job and supervise the volunteers and contractors on site performing home repair work. Prepare any necessary workday and safety training for the volunteers.
- Attend competent person safety training and any other required training.
- Attend monthly construction meeting.
- Ability to alternate between office works on on-site work as needed.
- Assist the Homeowner Services Manager in recruiting families for all repair solutions. Support the selection and approval process for each family.
- Work with the Project Manager on rehab projects.
- Will assist with other assigned duties as determined by the Project Manager and/or Executive Director.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Posted January 25, 2021
We are seeking a licensed plumber to join the D&W Mechanical family as a friendly and knowledgeable service technician. Work for a company where your skill and dedication will be valued and appreciated! D&W Mechanical has been providing commercial and residential mechanical and plumbing services in Northern Michigan for over 34 years. We are now one of the largest and most reputable mechanical contractors in the area. You provide the talent and D&W will provide the support to further everyone’s success as a team.
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee
- Health Insurance Available for Employee’s Family
- Short/Long Term Disability, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance Available
- Company Work Vehicle with Fuel Card
- Milwaukee Power Tools
- Company Cell Phone
- Paid Holidays
- Top Wages
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Apply today at https://www.dwmechanical.com/careers/
Posted January 22, 2021