HBA Job Board
Here on the Job Board you will see Available Projects, Help Wanted and Help Available. We hope you find the webpage to be a valuable resource.
If you would like to make a posting, please email email@example.com with the following information:
Available Projects: Provide a description of the the project and how inquiries should be made.
Help Wanted: Provide a description of the job title, job duties, full or part time and who to contact.
Help Available: Builders? Do you have some downtime in your schedule and need to keep your crew working? Post details.
We will make every attempt to remove the listing 30 days after posting or when we are informed that the posting has been filled. • For applicants: please use the contact information provided in the listing. Do not contact the HBA of the Grand Traverse Area office as we have no further information than what is posted here. Our Job Board is a free service for Home Builders Association of the Grand Traverse Area members.
The Home Builders Association of the Grand Traverse Area is seeking to fill the opening of the Events Coordinator.
Summary of Position
The Events Coordinator is the primary fund raiser for the Home Builders Association of the Grand Traverse Area. The function of this role is mainly to ensure all events are economically viable, promoted effectively and run efficiently.
The successful Events Coordinator will work effectively with limited supervision, independently and within the HBAGTA team.
The excelling Events Coordinator will display a high level of customer service, including building strong relationships with members, non-members and volunteers.
Duties, Responsibilities and Authorities
- Works with HBAGTA team and event committees to develop, coordinate, promote and implement strategies to create successful events.
- Works closely with the Executive Officer to prospect and sell sponsorship opportunities and ads to members for HBAGTA major events, projects, publications, and directories.
- Facilitates committee meetings for each event, works with chairpersons to prepare agendas and ensures each task is appropriately delegated.
- Works cooperatively with the marketing firms, media partners, printers and advertisers.
- works in conjunction with the Executive Officer and Association bookkeeper/Education & Office Coordinator to ensure events are properly invoiced through our CRM database.
- Works with the Education & Office Coordinator to publicize and promote HBAGTA events on the HBAGTA website and through various other technology venues, such as The Ticker, the Chamber, Constant Contact, etc.
- Manages event budgets.
- Meets or exceeds sales projections for various events as assigned.
- Makes calls to and receives calls from members related to on-going member activities.
- Helps organize General Membership Meetings.
- Participates in community events as assigned.
- Attends other committee meetings as requested.
- Works as part of a team to identify new members.
- Works in conjunction with staff to identify new target lists for campaigns and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Officer to ensure that internal and external customers are well served.
Hourly rate to be determined by experience. Benefits package includes: sick pay, holiday pay, vacation pay, retirement plan, and health plan.
Send resume and cover letter to the attention of Robert O'Hara, Home Builders Association of the Grand Traverse Area, 3040 Sunset Lane, Traverse City, MI 49684 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted June 11, 2019
Team Elmer's seeks to fill an opening for a Parts and Service Manager in Traverse City. This position will oversee purchasing, inventory and scheduling necessary to meet the repair and maintenance needs of our vehicles and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order parts and assign to work orders with appropriate service codes
- Perform necessary steps in software system with appropriate service codes
- Ensure parts are shipped to appropriate location or that mechanics are aware of their parts availability and/or delivery
- Ensure all incorrectly shipped or ordered parts are turned in promptly for refund
- Keep stock up to date
- Develop a process plan for servicing of assets
- Create and implement the process plan for servicing
- Develop and refine service schedule to ensure servicing occurs on a routine basis
- Ensure that any preventative concerns are found and repaired in a timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned.
"The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position."
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Prior experience a must
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detailed oriented, excellent data entry skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to multi task and handle a high pace, high pressure environment.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
A competitive hourly rate and full benefits package is available.
- Company supported wellness program
- Medical/Dental Insurance coverage, no cost, if participating in the wellness program and wellness eligible.
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with employer match of contribution (50% on the first 10% of employee contribution)
- Company provided safety, skill development and leadership training opportunities
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance-company provided
Click Here to apply online
Posted June 7, 2019
Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling of Northwest Michigan is a full-service restoration & remodeling contractor, specializing in the mitigation and repair of damaged residential and commercial properties. We provide emergency response mitigation services, followed by total reconstruction of damage caused by water, fire, smoke and wind. We are an independently owned and operated company, part of the Paul Davis franchise system, which is the largest national network of full-service insurance restoration contractors.
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our Paul Davis Team. The Customer Service Representative will play a very important role in the success of our company. You will often be the first person to talk to a customer that just had a flood or fire at their home and you will provide reassurance to the property owner. A lot of times you may be the last person who talks to the customer when the job has been completed so you will then get to hear how thankful they are for your help.
Your responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Professionally represent the Paul Davis principles of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Answer phones in office as needed.
- Take info from customers on new losses and input all data into the computer.
- Assist Estimators and Project Managers in office as needed.
- Maintain constant communication with customer, sub contractors, and project managers daily.
- Meet on a daily basis with project managers to go over jobs as needed.
- Inspect larger jobs with project manager so you can meet customer and know what job is.
- E-mail, scan, or fax necessary documents and update third party administrator (TPA) programs as needed.
- Assist in securing necessary permits and scheduling inspections.
- Assist in managing jobs to speedy conclusion.
- Professionally handle any and all complaints from customers.
- Assist in scheduling punch list completion, obtaining completion certificate and collecting funds.
- Maintain and update sub contractor list and documentation on regular basis.
- Schedule, plan and hold a yearly safety and sub contractor meeting with all sub contractors.
- Assist President as needed.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record in customer service, time management and leadership. Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are a must.
Good hourly wage, paid vacation, paid holidays, health plan, IRA plan.
Email resume & pay requirements to email@example.com
Posted June 4, 2019
Area developer looking for a licensed realtor to manage small real estate company selling our own homes. Basic knowledge of new construction necessary. Part-time, salary plus commission. Great opportunity for a retiree. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Posted May 14, 2019